Monday, April 13, 2009



Here is what Rusty has to say about what happen that day.


He had been away at a horse auction for three days and just returned. His brother was not at home at the time of his arrival. Then he heard his truck pull up in the yard and looking out of his window. He saw his brother get out and walk rapidly out of the yard, though he was not aware in which direction he was heading. He then took his gun and strolled out in the direction of the Logan Pool, with the intention of visiting a friend which lives on the other side. To do some rabbit hunting. On his way he did see Conner as he had stated in his evidence, but he was mistaken in thinking that I was following my brother. I had no idea that he was in front of me. Then there he was standing by the pool.. He was surprised to see me. He asked me what was I doing there? Then the conversation led to angry words and almost to blows. My brother had a very violent temper. Seeing this was getting us no where. I left him and returned towards my friend ranch. I had not gone far when I heard a hideous out cry behind me, which caused me to run back again. I found him laying on the ground with his head injured. I dropped my gun and held him in my arms, but almost instantly he died. I knell beside him for some minutes. Then made my way to the bunk house for help. I saw no one near my brother when I returned and I have no idea how he came by his injuries. As far as I know he had no enemies. I know nothing further of the case. Other then I am innocent..

No comments: